Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Report

Saturday:  
The field trip turned out to be a sojourn to Palgongsan ("san" = "mountain" in Korean).  
It seemed like a massive hike up tons of stairs to me, but I'm sure it was a cinch for the little children and old woman who passed me on the way up. 

Two Korean men were chuckling and pointing as they walked past us.
P (to Ricky): "What'd they just say?"
Ricky: "The one guy said to his friend, 'Foreigners.  Can you speak English?  Quick, try!'

That tiny winding trail in the lower right hand quadrant was the path that we took.  For real.


The Buddhist temple with lanterns at the top of the mountain.

Proof that I actually made it up.  


Sunday:

Had brunch w. co workers at The Holy Grill and took some pictures of the blooming cherry blossom trees.  




Then went on a Sunday walk to explore the area around my flat.  I found another, larger park and what looks like a class-A jogging path for my morning jaunt.  

*Note for the record: 
In recent experience, it seems like the best way to get over the "culture shock" is to get out and interact with the new surroundings as much as possible.  My natural inclination is to isolate, so it takes some effort for me to go out and meet people, but it's so definitely worth it.  



 


2 comments:

Emily Wilkins said...

Those trees are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait for spring to really kick in here.

Stephanie Nikolopoulos said...

Way to go, hiker!