Saturday, August 21, 2010

40 -For Now, Just Listen

"Music is a total constant. That’s why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song stays the same, just like that moment."
Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

I heard this song in a cafe on Wednesday and instantly I was catapulted back to early spring of 2008. It was February. I was watching the movie this song came from with my best guy friend in the world, and over popcorn with his cats wandering in and out of the den, I ranted at the movie for reminding me so much of someone about whom I cared a great deal.

This wouldn't be an honest blog account if I didn't mention that there are times when my mind still drifts back to that time and those people. The ache has lessened, but the memory is still there and will be, I suspect, as long as there are songs to remind me.




No comments: