Friday, July 2, 2010

90- Downpour

I got caught in a sudden rainstorm on my walk earlier today. It was inconvenient at first; I kept thinking about my shoes getting and considered going home, but then I realized that I had the time to stay out and push through. As the clothes grew wetter and heavier on my back, I realized something so freeing about being in a time and place doing something that few people would voluntarily choose to do. I knew that as soon as I got back home, I would throw my clothes in the washer and take a hot shower, with no lasting damage sustained from being out in the rain. My body ended up healthier, my mind ended up clearer, and my shoes ended up cleaner than they were before I started.

Moral of the story: If you're ever caught in the rain... sometimes the best thing to do is keep walking.

No comments: