Wednesday, September 1, 2010

29 - Taken Care Of...

In my ongoing quest to cover all the bases while I still have health/dental/vision coverage, I scheduled a cleaning at my dentist. (Mac Dental Hospital, Beomeo subway stop, exit 10- 053-745-2876- tell 'em Christianna sent you). I found them on a recommendation from a friend out here and found out that they also work on our school's boss, the illustrious "Mr. Moon" and will usually give a 10% discount to MK employees (or their friends).

This afternoon when I went for my appointment, they got me in early, gave me a check-up, gave one of my fillings needed "maintenance", gave me a cleaning (also called a "scaling": normal cost: 70,000) then told me that b.c they did the original filling, it was covered by a 5 year "A/S" (After Service) warranty. Then, after I told them that I was going back to the States for good, they gave me copies of my dental records.

Total cost of the visit: 30,000 won. (a special "home going" discount)
Lately Korea, you've been rocking my world.



No comments: